Vienna Travel Planning. Whether you travel to Vienna and rest of Austria for the first or second time make sure you get it right. After all, who knows if and when you will return. Quite simply, the SINGLE trick that will get things right for you in my home country is help from a native trip planner or travel consultant.
For five years now I have been developing, boosting and ‘authenticating’ trip plans to Vienna and surroundings. Just as my trip planning and travel consulting work for short trips, they work equally well for longer vacations and for round trips.
‘We have never used a travel planner before (did not know this service existed), and were very impressed with your service. The best was your attention to our interests, the efficient use of our time, and the links to websites included in your itinerary. I’m so impressed: “If you want to have a great time in Vienna, see Barbara” ‘ Patrick Daugherty, United States
‘Our itinerary looks wonderful. Thanks so much for the train itinerary, too. Brilliant work!’ Stacey Digenis, Australia
As much as boosting special occasions, I make sure trips with elderly parents, a group of friends, and holidays for young families are harmonious for every member. To point out a few examples of initial client situations:
- To celebrate a special occasion, Andrew from the UK wanted a week packed with classical events in Vienna.
- Since Leiah intended to travel solo to Vienna she wanted to make sure she had lots of fun, and felt at ease when dining out.
- When John from the UK tried to book tickets for a Vienna ball he got stuck, and time was running out.
- While researching Viennese family roots, Lois from the US found she needed help; on top shew as keen to touch base with local Viennese.
- Justin from the US wanted an exciting itinerary of insider things to do with his daughter.
- Despite booking an All-Inclusive Danube river cruise Sharon and her friends were looking for off-the-beaten-path itineraries with private guides for Vienna, Wachau Valley, Bratislava and Passau.
- To perfectionate his honeymoon arrangements for Vienna and Salzburg, Nelson from Hong Kong was keen to hone them with local expertise.
- In view of her impending family trip to Austria, Jane from Singapore decided she needed a hands-on native trip planner to organise day tours and private transfers in Austria.
“Barbara, I do not know where to start, and thank you seems such a small word for an extraordinary trip. We could not have done it without you. We thought of you in Vienna, we thought of you on the train to Spitz, we thought of you in the vineyards, it was a trip of a lifetime one that I will cherish always.
Your opinions, comments, tips and tours, what castles to see they were all spot on. Our favorite memories…dancing the waltz in the Imperial Palace and Spitz. It is a village that captured our hearts. Mauritius Hof was perfect for us.” (Gisèle Giroux, Canada)
Neither of these travellers had the time nor the insider knowledge, language skills and local connections to do Vienna travel planning as they had wanted to. And neither of them wanted one-size-fits-all vacation packages.
Truly, wrong choices can ruin your dream vacation: In my own case, I had so wished for a reset button when I found myself at a tourist dinner show in Spain. (Likewise, you can get this in Vienna, too.) To make Vienna travel planning even more challenging, some of the best local attractions have extravagant opening hours.
Equally, the best insider places remain invisible to even the most dedicated travellers. Hence, having an Austrian trip planner and travel consultant at your side will ‘authenticate’, smoothen and enrich your stay.
“Our trip to Vienna was wonderful. Gertrude was a sweet and lovely private guide and we thoroughly enjoyed our time with her. Namely, the highlights of the itinerary were the Mozart concert at Karlskirche and the Spanish Riding School Vienna. As with all itineraries we made some last minute changes but they were all good. Thank you again for all of your help.” (Warner Fox, USA)
“Thanks Barbara. I wish there was one of you in every city!” (Michelle Phillips, Australia)
Vienna Travel Planning. Until now the only way to get help with a trip to Austria has been to call on a travel agent or tour operator. If you are unlucky they package up mainstream tourist experiences. You may end up visiting those attractions and events that depend on tourism, and that pay hefty commissions.
That’s why I share my trip planner and travel consultant service with you – the VIENNA TRAVEL CONCIERGE. I am the trip planner and travel consultant, you do the travelling.
* Authentic Advice: What makes this travel planning service different to any other out there? In essence, your plan is honed by a native Viennese who is right at the pulse of her hometown. I will always tell you when I think an event is just staged for tourists.
* You First. While everyone can visit landmarks, it’s harder to tell what insider gems you are missing out on. You don’t know what you don’t know. To begin with, tell me about yourself and the things you like, and you will find the Vienna that matters to you.
* Extra Insight: When you hire the VIENNA TRAVEL CONCIERGE you will receive insider tips that I don’t even share on Vienna Unwrapped.
* Personal hotline: Many of my clients email me additional questions as they move on. Whether just hours before or even during their trip, they always get a resourceful answer within 24 hours. Whether weekdays or weekends, it doesn’t matter.
- Drop me an email including what you are after and when you will travel
- Fill in a simple questionnaire, or talk to me over phone or Skype.
- Review Terms and Conditions and transfer payment.
- Review your personal travel itinerary.
- Email me your comments and I will finetune the programme until you are absolutely happy.
- Use the booking links to fix your programme.
- Need help with reservations? Let me know!
- Use your personal hotline before and during your trip – I’m right at the other end of the line.
- Pack your bags, and enjoy Vienna!
In order to give you an idea of my Vienna travel planning services here’s a sample itinerary for one day. Each day itinerary embeds practical links that connect you straight with booking pages and other relevant information.
“I love your site, but don’t get the time to research all the options”, as Andrew put it.
Below find a page taken from Roxanne and Scott’s 9-day Vienna programme, based on their personal trip preferences.
In addition, Roxanne and Scott received a bespoke online map that reflected their itinerary day by day.
“My daughter and I have really enjoyed our stay in Vienna. Thank you for arranging a fantastic stay for us!” (Jo-Ann W., Canada)
Vienna Travel Planning. Once you have discovered Vienna’s historic centre and Schönbrunn, get under the city’s skin. Where would you like to live if you could stay in Vienna? Do you care about boutique museums, town palaces, hiking and biking? How important are local markets, independent shops, quirky cafés or insider wineries to you?
As a matter of fact, it’s the job of a good trip planner and travel consultant to ask the right questions. Only if those are answered, you will travel beyond the Usual. For example, right into your future favourite neighbourhood in Vienna.
“The itinerary you worked out for us was fabulous! As a result, Vienna was one of my best ever trips. We loved everything: the Vienna ball, the waltz dance lesson, the walking tours, two church concerts, the Fledermaus operetta, the Vienna Boys Choir and restaurants. Specifically, our tour guide was delightful. Barbara, we could not have done this without you. No question about it. We are grateful for your knowledge and helpfulness.” Diane Palmer, USA
“Not least because of your itinerary we had a marvellous time. Truly, your assistance was superb and it made the whole journey much easier. Many thanks for helping make our first trip to Vienna such a success.” Andrew W., United Kingdom
“Whenever we travel, we enjoy taking our time and feeling like locals. Thank you again for your wonderful ideas and expertise….” Dianne S., United States
“Your Vienna travel planning made my stay the most happy and successful of my Europe holiday. Thanks sole to your written itinerary my days and evenings were absolutely amazing. In particular, I enjoyed the food and beer recommendations. As I was so satisfied I have recommended your operation to many people. Thank you again for your great service.” Robin Angus, New Zealand
“My 12 year old daughter and I wanted to experience Vienna as if we were locals. On the other hand we didn’t want to miss out on major tourist attractions. As much as fun things and our own personal guide, we wanted insider eateries and gourmet restaurants. In addition, my daughter wanted to visit a few locations of The Sound Of Music in Salzburg. Given that we only had a few days to spend, we needed someone familiar with Vienna to help organize our trip.
After a short email exchange Barbara came up with a rich and fun travel itinerary. It ticked all our boxes and went beyond expectations. Not only did Barbara source a lovely tour guide for us, she arranged reservations for awesome restaurants, fitted in a small group day tour to Salzburg’s Sound of Music locations, and met us on the ground. Without Barbara’s assistance, our experience of Vienna wouldn’t have surpassed our expectations.” Justin K., Virginia, USA
“Our trip to Vienna was wonderful. In other words, we had a great time and the itinerary that you created for us was just fantastic. Consequently, we are already talking about visiting Vienna (perhaps not in the winter) again and will reach out to help us plan that trip.” Rolf D., USA
“I love, love, love your itinerary!” Karen E., Canada
Trip Planner And Travel Consultant Costs
Vienna Travel Planning. When it comes to trip planning and travel consulting fees, most European travel planners charge a minimum fee of $310 for a SINGLE DAY itinerary for just 2 people (source: Condé Nast Traveler).
As an exclusive offer you can delegate your Vienna travel planning for just $190 (1-3 days), $390 (4-6 days) and $590 (7-10 days). This offer is available to Vienna Unwrapped readers only. As a result, you save up to 18 hours of research, while receiving a
- full-fledged itinerary with booking links,
- 1:1 assistance from me with local reservations and
- your personal hotline before and during your trip.
In general, this covers you for up to 6 travellers. If you’d like a bespoke online trip map like Scott’s just add $60 (1-3 days) or $80 (4-10 days).
Hence, if you’re ready to get your Vienna travel planning right the first time, complete the form below and click on Contact Me. In fact, I’m so confident that the VIENNA TRAVEL CONCIERGE will work for you, that I propose the following: If you don’t like the first itinerary presented, just email me your request and you will get a second itinerary for FREE.
If you just need to fill gaps in your existing Vienna travel planning let me know. In that case you will receive hand-picked special insider travel tips. In essence, they will include opening hours and booking links while matching your itinerary and preferences: from restaurants, little known local attractions, concerts and other events, : $99 (up to 3 tips); $159 (4 to 6 tips). Use the form below to touch base and get the ball rolling.
As independent travellers, we think we need to fix everything ourselves to get an authentic experience. But this is not the case. Therefore, connect with a Viennese like me, and commission your Vienna Travel Concierge Service today.
Touch Base With Me
Do touch base with me: barbara.cacao(at)vienna-unwrapped.com
I look forward to a no-obligation review of your trip needs and preferences!
visit Hotels Vienna Austria – Where I Would Stay If I Was A Tourist
go to Luxury Hotels in Vienna
visit Four Star Hotels in Vienna
find out more about Boutique Hotels in Vienna
check the best Vienna Tours – 5 Ways To See Tourist Places in Vienna
go to Vienna Concerts – Quality Music Events in My Hometown
access best practice for Booking Vienna Opera tickets – A Native’s Guide
back to Vienna Unwrapped homepage