Vienna Travel Planning. Did a Native ever connect your holiday planning to the pulse of her home place? Even if that meant chasing limited event tickets, optimizing walking routes, and contacting local ancestry archives? What’s more, as Austria is gradually overcoming the pandemic (Covid-19), knowing about health and safety guidelines – and cancellation rules – has become key to a successful trip.
Being a native Austrian my clients use my personal travel planner services to perfect and authenticate their Austria and Vienna vacations. In 2019 Vienna Unwrapped received LUX Life’s Global Excellence Award as Best Independent Central European Travel Planner.
How can you benefit from my personal travel planner services? Here are some client examples:
Authentic Experiences And Personal Space
- Jill from the US wanted an experience-packed and high-energy city break, blending key attractions with off-beat insider things to do. During her three days in Vienna, her itinerary lead her to top sites, from Schonbrunn Palace to St. Stephen’s and Naschmarkt. In between the attractions, her walking routes, lunches and dinners held some special insider gems. Equipped with a personal travel map, she visited the best seasonal markets and enjoyed drinks on a hidden rooftop terrace with amazing views.
- ‘We have never used a travel planner before (did not know this service existed), and were very impressed with your service. The best was your attention to our interests, the efficient use of our time, and the links to websites included in your itinerary. I’m so impressed: “If you want to have a great time in Vienna, see Barbara” ‘ Patrick Daugherty, United States
- ‘My 12 year old daughter and I wanted to experience Vienna as if we were locals. On the other hand we didn’t want to miss out on major tourist attractions. As much as fun things and our own personal guide, we wanted insider eateries and gourmet restaurants. In addition, my daughter wanted to visit a few locations of The Sound Of Music in Salzburg. Given that we only had a few days to spend, we needed someone familiar with Vienna to help organize our trip.After a short email exchange Barbara came up with a rich and fun travel itinerary. It ticked all our boxes and went beyond expectations. Not only did Barbara source a lovely tour guide for us, she arranged reservations for awesome restaurants, fitted in a small group day tour to Salzburg’s Sound of Music locations, and met us on the ground. Without Barbara’s assistance, our experience of Vienna wouldn’t have surpassed our expectations.’ Justin K., Virginia, USA
- ‘Our trip to Vienna was wonderful. Gertrude was a sweet and lovely private guide and we thoroughly enjoyed our time with her. Namely, the highlights of the itinerary were the Mozart concert at Karlskirche and the Spanish Riding School Vienna. As with all itineraries we made some last minute changes but they were all good. Thank you again for all of your help.’ (Warner Fox, USA)
Friends And Family Travel
- Lisa from the UK wanted to explore the Austrian countryside following on from her Vienna city break. Because her family was into hiking but not extremely sporty I created a fun itinerary that mixed shorter hiking trips with visits to Alpine cheese makers and heated swimming pools.
- Despite booking an All-Inclusive Danube river cruise Sharon and her friends were looking for off-the-beaten-path itineraries with private guides for Vienna, Wachau Valley, Linz, Bratislava and Passau. Besides touring with their own private guide in Wien, they baked Linzer Torte in Linz, visited a family-run apricot schnaps distillery in Wachau and enjoyed an exclusive rooftop dinner in Bratislava.
- In view of her impending family trip to Austria, Jane from Singapore decided she needed a hands-on native trip planner to organise day tours and private transfers in Austria, as well as to Budapest and Prague. Subsequently, the group of 7 undertook a countryside trip by minivan to Wachau Valley, and a guided day trip to Budapest. They were grateful they followed my advice and stayed a night in Prague.
“Barbara, I do not know where to start, and thank you seems such a small word for an extraordinary trip. We could not have done it without you. We thought of you in Vienna, we thought of you on the train to Spitz, we thought of you in the vineyards, it was a trip of a lifetime one that I will cherish always.
Your opinions, comments, tips and tours, what castles to see they were all spot on. Our favorite memories…dancing the waltz in the Imperial Palace and Spitz. It is a village that captured our hearts. Mauritius Hof was perfect for us.” (Gisèle Giroux, Canada)
Personal Concierge Travel Services
- To celebrate a special occasion, Andrew from the UK wanted a week packed with classical events in Vienna. First, he received various suggestions for amazing concerts and operas, and ultraromantic restaurant ideas. Once these cornerstones were confirmed, Andrew got a fully fleshed out sightseeing itinerary and help with booking tickets and making reservations.
- Since Leiah intended to travel solo to Vienna she wanted to make sure she had lots of fun, and felt at ease when dining out.
- Before visiting Vienna, my client Rochelle needed help with Jewish ancestors research to find her late grandma’s home. With my assistance, she did, and even visited her grandmother’s apartment!
- While researching Viennese family roots, Lois from the US found she needed help. On top she was keen to touch base with local Viennese. Before she received her itinerary Lois got a sheet full of references to her family, including a statue in an outer neighborhood to visit. Her program then included a meet up with local Viennese that she utterly enjoyed.
- To perfect his honeymoon arrangements for Vienna and Salzburg, Nelson from Hong Kong was keen to hone them with local expertise. Instead of joining the usual tourist trails, Nelson and his young wife went off to see romantic hidden treasures, and had walks and candle light dinners in charming neighborhoods.
Why A Personal Travel Planner for Vienna and Austria?
What makes Austria and Vienna travel planning additionally challenging is that some of the best local attractions have extravagant opening hours!
Equally, the best insider places remain invisible to even the most dedicated travellers. Hence, having an Austrian trip planner and travel consultant at your side will authenticate and enrich your stay.
‘Thanks Barbara. I wish there was one of you in every city!’ (Michelle Phillips, Australia)
More Independent Customer Reviews
Vienna Travel Planning. Until now the only options to plan a trip to Austria have been to pull a ready-made itinerary from the internet, or call a travel agent. If you are unlucky you end up with mainstream tourist experiences and little personal space.
That’s why I share my trip planner and travel consultant service with you – the VIENNA TRAVEL CONCIERGE. I am your human travel planner you can connect with on a personal level.
* Authentic Advice: What makes this travel planning service different to any other out there? In essence, your plan is honed by a native Viennese who is right at the pulse of her hometown. I will always tell you when I think an event is just staged for tourists.
* Covid-19 Consulting: Until the world finds a vaccine to combat the corona virus the travel industry and Austria have implemented health and safety regulations that change regularly. Use my local expertise to identify the safest accommodation with the most flexible cancellation options; plan enjoyable visits to museums, attractions, and restaurants, and get safely around town.
* You First. While everyone can visit landmarks, it’s harder to tell what insider gems you are missing out on. You don’t know what you don’t know. To begin with, tell me about yourself and the things you like, and you will find the Vienna that fulfills you personally.
* Extra Insight: When you hire the VIENNA TRAVEL CONCIERGE you will receive insider tips that I don’t even share on Vienna Unwrapped.
* Personal hotline: Many of my clients email me additional questions as they move on. Whether just hours before or even during their trip, they always get a resourceful answer within 24 hours. Whether weekdays or weekends, it doesn’t matter.
- Drop me an email including what you are after and when you will travel
- Talk to me over WhatsApp or Skype for more detailed specifications.
- Review Terms and Conditions and transfer payment.
- Review your personal travel itinerary.
- Email me your comments and I will finetune the programme until you are absolutely happy.
- Use the booking links to fix your programme.
- Need help with restaurant reservations? Let me know!
- Which city card will save you the most money during your sightseeing? I will assess the perfect option for you.
- Need assistance with finding great door-to-door transfer and out-of-the-ordinary tour guides? I can help.
- Use your personal hotline before and during your trip – I’m right at the other end of the line.
- Pack your bags, and enjoy Vienna!
In order to give you an idea of my Vienna travel planning services here’s a sample itinerary for one day. Each day itinerary embeds practical links that connect you straight with booking pages and other relevant information.
“I love your site, but don’t get the time to research all the options”, as Andrew put it.
Below find a page taken from Jason’s and Kym’s 10-day Vienna programme, based on their personal trip preferences and my advice. They chose a mix of individual sightseeing and guided tours. The embedded links lead to background information and mapped out directions, keeping the itinerary neat and tidy.
When onsite a simple app allows you to easily access your itinerary on your smartphone or iPad offline, along with all essential contact numbers of your hotel, transfer companies and other service providers you use.
This is what a mapped out direction looks like: It doesn’t only contain a visual route but also clear verbal directions, and duration. If you prefer offline directions straight in your itinerary, just let me know.
Once you are on the go, use the trip planning app to find your way round: follow the schedule, access your mapped out walks and have your key trip contacts always at hand – here are a few screenshots:
“My daughter and I have really enjoyed our stay in Vienna. Thank you for arranging a fantastic stay for us!” (Jo-Ann W., Canada)
Vienna Travel Planning. Once you have discovered Vienna’s historic centre and Schönbrunn, get under the city’s skin. Where would you like to live if you could stay in Vienna? Do you care about boutique museums, town palaces, hiking and biking? How important are local markets, independent shops, quirky cafés or insider wineries to you?
As a matter of fact, it’s the job of a good trip planner and travel consultant to ask the right questions. Only if those are answered, you will travel beyond the Usual. For example, right into your future favourite neighbourhood in Vienna.
“The itinerary you worked out for us was fabulous! As a result, Vienna was one of my best ever trips. We loved everything: the Vienna ball, the waltz dance lesson, the walking tours, two church concerts, the Fledermaus operetta, the Vienna Boys Choir and restaurants. Specifically, our tour guide was delightful. Barbara, we could not have done this without you. No question about it. We are grateful for your knowledge and helpfulness.” Diane Palmer, USA
“Not least because of your itinerary we had a marvellous time. Truly, your assistance was superb and it made the whole journey much easier. Many thanks for helping make our first trip to Vienna such a success.” Andrew W., United Kingdom
“Whenever we travel, we enjoy taking our time and feeling like locals. Thank you again for your wonderful ideas and expertise….” Dianne S., United States
“Your Vienna travel planning made my stay the most happy and successful of my Europe holiday. Thanks sole to your written itinerary my days and evenings were absolutely amazing. In particular, I enjoyed the food and beer recommendations. As I was so satisfied I have recommended your operation to many people. Thank you again for your great service.” Robin Angus, New Zealand
“Our trip to Vienna was wonderful. In other words, we had a great time and the itinerary that you created for us was just fantastic. Consequently, we are already talking about visiting Vienna (perhaps not in the winter) again and will reach out to help us plan that trip.” Rolf D., USA
“I love, love, love your itinerary!” Karen E., Canada
As an exclusive offer you can delegate your Austria and Vienna travel planning for just $299 (1-3 days), $499 (4-6 days) and $699 (7-10 days). This offer is available to Vienna Unwrapped readers only. As a result, you save up to 35 hours of research and making reservations, while receiving a
- full-fledged itinerary with links to background info, booking facilities and maps,
- Covid-19 related up-to-date consulting for accommodation, sightseeing, tours and transport,
- mapped out directions and bespoke walks,
- 1:1 assistance with restaurant reservations, assessment of tours and concerts on offer,
- assessment of best value-for-money Vienna city card options for your respective program;
- itinerary that works offline on your smartphone or iPad when sightseeing,
- your personal hotline for any questions around your trip.
In general, this covers your trip for up to 6 travellers.
If you’re ready to get your Vienna travel planning right the first time, just email me.
If you just need to fill gaps in your existing Vienna travel planning let me know. In that case you will receive hand-picked special insider travel tips. In essence, they will include opening hours and booking links while matching your itinerary and preferences: from restaurants, little known local attractions, concerts and other events, : $99 (up to 3 tips); $189 (4 to 6 tips). Use the email below to touch base and get the ball rolling.
As independent travellers, we think we need to fix everything ourselves to get an authentic experience. But this is not the case. Therefore, connect with a Viennese like me, and commission your Vienna Travel Concierge Service today.
100% Satisfaction Guarantee
In fact, I’m so confident that the VIENNA TRAVEL CONCIERGE will work for you, that I propose the following: If you don’t like the first itinerary or batch of tips presented, just email me your request and you will get a second itinerary or pack of tips for FREE. If you are still not satisfied you will receive a 100% refund of all fees paid. That means you get a 100% risk free service.
Touch Base With Me
I’d love to learn about your current travel plans! Please connect with me: firstname.lastname@example.org. Let’s get the ball rolling via email or Skype. You’ll get a tailored no-obligation review of your trip needs and preferences.
visit Hotels Vienna Austria – Where I Would Stay If I Was A Tourist
back to Vienna Unwrapped homepage