How Can We Help You?
You can also browse the Frequently Asked Questions below to find what you are looking for.
Planning Your Trip
When To Visit Vienna?
What Is Vienna Best Known For?
What Should You Not Miss In Vienna?
Is Vienna Easy To Walk Around?
Vienna - How Many Days Should I Spend There?
How can I spend A Day In Vienna?
What Can You Do In Vienna In 3 days?
As a rule of thumb you will be able to cover most of Vienna’s top attractions and sightseeing highlights in three days. If you plan smart you will also be able to get behind the scenes to explore charming places and venues. As a rule of thumb, most attractions in the city center are not more than a 10-minute walk from each other. Here is a standard 3-day itinerary to provide you with a template to fine-tune to your tastes:
- small group orientation tour; (2 hours)
- Vienna Ringtram ride across Ringstrasse (25 min)
- traditional coffeehouse (1 hour)
- Museum of Fine Arts (Kunsthistorisches Museum) (2 hours)
- dinner (2 hours)
- rooftop visit and drinks (1 hour)
- Vienna Secession (30 min)
- Naschmarkt street market and Otto Wagner buildings (1.5 hours)
- lunch in Hietzing (2 hours)
- Schonbrunn Palace, possibly with marionette theatre or Vienna zoo (3 hours)
- Opera, operetta or classical concert (1.5 to 3 hours)
Where To Stay In Vienna?
Local Vienna Transport And Key Spots
Where Is Spittelberg In Vienna?
Where is the Gloriette in Vienna?
How Many Vienna Airports Are There?
Which Vienna Train Station To Use For Bratislava?
Which Vienna Train Station To Use For Salzburg?
Food and Drink in Vienna
Where To Eat In Vienna?
Where To Have The Best Coffee In Vienna?
Viennese Culture and Lifestyle
Why Is Vienna The Capital of Music?
Probably the first real musics fanatic of the family were Ferdinand III (1608-1657) and his son Leopold I in the 17th century (1658-1705). In particular Leopold loved the opera so much that he had a theatre built in record time, and also took part in opera performances himself. During his life, Leopold composed various musical pieces himself and loved to invite German and Italian composers to his court. From her childhood, Empress Maria Theresa regularly participated in court operas and was trained in opera singing. Likewise, all her children enjoyed a thorough musical education.
Among the best known composers who found a second home in the Vienna of the Habsburgs were Ludwig van Beethoven, Johannes Brahms, Joseph Haydn, Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, and Antonio Vivaldi. Born Viennese composers Franz Schubert, Johann Strauss I and Johann Strauss II equally thrived in the musical capital. Today, musical guides take visitors to the many concert halls, musical venues and composers’ homes to provide insight into the capital of music beyond musical events.
Why Is Vienna So Rich?
Second, Vienna generates the highest gross regional product (GRP) of all Austrian federal regions (EUR 94 m in 2019). About 85% of its economic output comes from services. In 2019, Austria reached the fifth highest GDP per capita of all European Union member states, ranking 27% above average EU GDP.
Is Vienna A Friendly City?
On the other hand, the survey Tourism Consciousness of the Viennese Population 2019 by the Vienna Tourism Office showed that 9 out of 10 Viennese thought tourism was a good thing for Vienna. According to the survey, 77% of respondents liked to help tourists when they had questions.
Is Vienna A Boring City?
When Was Vienna Founded?
Which River Runs Through Vienna?
What's The Vienna Time?
- 29th March 2020: from CET to CEST; set clock one hour forward
- 25th October 2020: from CEST to CET; set clock one hour back
- 28th March 2021: from CET to CEST; set clock one hour forward
- 31st October 2021: from CEST to CET; set clock one hour back
- 27th March 2022: from CET to CEST; set clock one hour forward
- 30th October 2022: from CEST to CET; set clock one hour back
- 26th March 2023: from CET to CEST; set clock one hour forward
- 29th October 2023: from CEST to CET; set clock one hour back
When Is Sunrise In Vienna? When Is Sunset In Vienna?
- January: 07.38 am / 04:28 pm
- February: 07.00 am / 05:16 pm
- March 06.05 am / 06:01 pm (change to summertime last weekend of March)
- April 06.01 am / 07:46 pm
- May 05.12 am / 08:29 pm
- June 04.51 am / 08:58 pm
- July 05.08 am / 08:52 pm
- August 05.47 am / 08:09 pm
- September 06.30 am / 07:08 pm
- Oktober 07.13 am / 06:07 pm (change to wintertime last weekend of October)
- November 07.00 am / 04:17 pm
- Dezember 07.36 am / 04:02 pm
When Does It Start Snowing in Vienna?
What's the Vienna Area Code?
Vienna in Film and Entertainment
Where was Vienna Blood filmed?
Who sings Vienna?
Haven’t Found What You Are Looking For?
Send me your questions about Vienna by using the form below. For questions related to your trip, please visit Vienna Unwrapped’s trip planning service for further information.
back to Vienna Unwrapped homepage